Cull these when you revise your MS. It's obvious, but they have a way of sneaking in when you're focused on other things. So it's worth a blog post as a reminder.
- will occur as part of the creative process
- may just need to be changed to another word
- may be an indication of too much description
- may be an indication of inefficient paragraph construction
- multiple actions (the right one is usually better)
- multiple adjetives (the right one is usually better)
- adverbs (often an indication that a better verb can be used instead)
- redundant information
- unimportant information
Editing is a skill. Writers, keep honing your craft!